The objectives for The Freshman Academy include:
- Enhance the quality of student adjustment to campus life.
- Offer insights on how to successfully manage unexpected academic or personal challenges.
- Provide opportunities for personal and intellectual growth.
- Impart leadership skills in the promotion of diversity and inclusion.
- Opportunities to network with upperclassmen who have successfully become part of the EKU community.
- Interact with professors, tutors, and staff one-on-one.
- Advocate for students and their rights.
- Assure equal access and opportunity for all students.